Advancing Equity and Excellence:
Aligning College and Career Ready Standards, Curriculum, Instructional Materials, and Effective Professional Learning
July 18-21, 2019
Each year, schools and districts make decisions about the use of curriculum and instructional materials. However, often the system, which includes professional learning structures to ensure effective implementation, is disjointed and lacks coherence. As a result, education initiatives may not necessarily lead to the results intended for students, and often exacerbate issues of equity and access to high-quality teaching and learning.
Schools and school systems prioritize equity and excellence when they ensure all students have access to both effective teaching and meaningful classroom resources aligned to rigorous student standards. Learning Forward’s Institutes will help educators strengthen their capacity to reach all students by building coherent connections among college- and career-ready standards, high-quality instructional materials, assessment practices, and standards-based professional learning.
Who should attend
- K-12 teachers
- Instructional coaches
- Curriculum and instructional staff
District and school teams encouraged to attend.
- Learn how investing in high-quality instructional materials and standards-based professional learning leads to equity and excellence.
- Acquire tools, frameworks, and research to shift the attitudes and actions of your team, school, or system,
- Understand how to design professional learning for effective curriculum and instructional materials implementation.
- Learn processes involved in assessing, selecting, and adapting excellent curriculum materials to benefit both teachers and students.
- Consider the conditions, responsibilities, and practices that make curriculum accessible to all educators and students.
Hotel and travel
All sessions and meetings are at the Westin Boston Waterfront hotel.
425 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210 Phone: 617-532-4600 Hotel Link
Engage With Us
What others are saying
The institute was the best professional development activity I have ever engaged in. The atmosphere created was very conducive to learning.
This was a perfect example of adult education in action! Everything was perfect!